A new draft operating permit has been issued by the Allegheny County Health Department (ACHD) for McConway and Torley, a steel foundry in Central Lawrenceville. The public comment period began on Thursday, November 2nd, 2017 and ends on Monday, December 4th.
On November 16th, Lawrenceville United and Lawrenceville Corporation hosted a community meeting with ACHD to provide information on the specifics of the draft operating permit. Please see below for meeting notes and the presentations from ACHD and Lawrenceville United:
- Full meeting notes from community meeting on 11/16 with ACHD
- Presentation from Lawrenceville United
- Presentation from ACHD
For a quick 1-page summary of the draft operating permit and the community meeting, please also check out this summary document that LU compiled with key information.
For additional information about the air quality permit and the public process, please see below:
- Draft operating permit, technical support document, and test results summary and evaluation
- Recap from community meeting with ACHD in October 2017 on the air quality permit process
How can the community have a voice in this process? ACHD is currently accepting comments from the public through December 4, 2017 in one of the following ways
- Speak at the public hearing on Monday 12/4 at 6 p.m. at Arsenal Middle School (220 40th Street). Must register with Karen Sagel at 412-578-8115 no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, 12/1.
- Email to email@example.com
- Mail to 301 39th Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201
Lawrenceville United also encourages residents to reach out to us with comments or questions at 412-802-7220 or info@LUnited.org.