Development Is a Participatory Process
Lawrenceville United and Lawrenceville Corporation created a community process by which residents can get advanced notice of development and have an opportunity for feedback. There are 2 primary opportunities for community feedback in the development process, through the liquor license application and through the zoning approval process.
Stay Updated: Join our Mailing List below
Check out our Calendar
Attend a Hearing
To receive a schedule of upcoming Zoning Board hearings, visit https://pittsburghpa.gov/dcp/zba-schedule or email email@example.com.
- $100 million in development projects underway throughout the community
- 5 conditional license agreements and 23 community agreements created
- 31 liquor-licensed businesses participated in the community process
- 30 blighted or dilapidated properties acquired and re-purposed by LU to become sideyards, community gardens and affordable homes for first-time homebuyers
- Community Meeting on Albion Development at Butler & McCandlessAlbion Development is proposing a new, mixed-use development at Butler & McCandless, with approximately 300 housing units and new commercial space. As part of LU & LC’s community…
- October 2022 Update on Thunderbird CafeSince a community meeting was hosted on 4/19/2022, LU and LC have been working with Thunderbird Cafe to finalize a revised consent agreement for their occupancy permit —…
- LU and partners head to court to defend inclusionary zoning, affordable housing, and diverse neighborhoodsOrganizations representing Pittsburgh neighborhoods where housing costs are soaring filed a motion to intervene in a case defending inclusionary zoning, affordable housing, and diverse communities August 16. 2022—Pittsburgh…
- Neighborhood organizations from across City slam bad faith lawsuit from developers opposed to affordable housingA special interest group of corporate real estate developers is suing to ensure they can continue to profit off of the displacement of low-income families in Pittsburgh One…
- Notes/recording from second Thunderbird community meeting 4/19/2022On 4/19/2022, Lawrenceville United & Lawrenceville Corporation hosted a follow-up community meeting to the 2/24/2022 meeting, in which Thunderbird presented a request to the community to amend their…