The 2022 Lawrenceville Farmers Market will take place every Tuesday, rain or shine, from 3-7pm, May 17 through November 22 at Bay41, 115 41st Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201.
BACKGROUND ON THE MARKET: OUR MISSION
The Lawrenceville Farmers Market is a non-profit program of Lawrenceville United managed by a seasonal market manager and a volunteer advisory committee. We are committed to increasing food access in our community, to growing local agricultural businesses for long-term sustainability, and providing a vibrant resource for the Lawrenceville community. Now more than ever, we are committed to making sure the Market is:
- helping to lower barriers to fresh, healthy food especially for low-income families, older adults, and individuals with food insecurity or low food access and;
- supporting the development of a strong and sustainable local food system with farmers and small business owners through incentive programs, community education, and outreach in the neighborhoods we serve.
For more information on how you can help us make this possible, email our Market Manager at email@example.com.
GET INVOLVED WITH THE MARKET
Sponsors are a critical part of our market’s success. Are you or your business interested in becoming a Market sponsor for the upcoming season? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Volunteers are an essential part of what makes the Lawrenceville Farmers Market possible. Are you interested in bringing fresh, local, food options to Lawrenceville and have some time to contribute? Sign up to be a market volunteer this season and join us for one week, as a full-time volunteer or anything in between.
Lawrenceville Farmers Market Advisory Committee
The market is managed by a Lawrenceville United staff person who reports to LU and receives support from the Lawrenceville Farmers Market Advisory Committee (LFMAC). The Lawrenceville Farmers’ Market Advisory Committee is open to all residents and stakeholder who have an interest in the operation and management of the market. Email email@example.com to find out how you can become involved in the advisory committee.
GETTING TO THE MARKET
2022 LFM VENDORS
The vendor application for the 2022 season is now closed. Email our Market Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any vendor related questions. 2022 vendor list coming soon!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- I receive SNAP benefits. Can I use them at the market?
- YES! You can redeem your benefits at our Info Booth. Thanks to our partnership with Just Harvest and the Food Trust, SNAP benefits will be matched with Food Bucks; you will receive $2 in Food Bucks for every $5 spent in EBT benefits – these can be spent for all fruits + veggies.
- I receive WIC or Senior FMNP vouchers. Can I use these at the market?
- YES! Farmers Market Nutrition Program vouchers can be used to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables from our produce vendors.
- I’d like to shop at the market but am in a higher risk population and have reservations about being near people. What can I do?
- Please join us during the 3-4pm shopping hour reserved for higher risk populations. During the first hour of the market all attendees are required to wear a mask.
- I’d like to come to the market but am in a high risk population and just cannot be out of the house. What can I do?
- Sign up for the Buddy System and get matched with a buddy who can shop on your behalf!
- Are pets allowed at the market?
- Leashed pets are allowed at the market as long as they stay by your side and relieve themselves outside of market bounds. Please clean up after your pet. We have bags at the Info Booth if you run out or forgot yours.
- Can I receive help with my groceries while I shop or getting them to my car?
- YES! We offer shopping carts for our customers who would like to borrow one while they are at the market. Stop by the Info Booth to grab one and return it after you have finished. If you would like assistance while shopping, the LFM staff and volunteers are more than happy to assist you and can also carry your groceries to your car or the bus stop for you.
- I love the Lawrenceville Farmers Market. How can I support you?
- DONATE- donate to Lawrenceville United so we can keep the market going strong.
- VOLUNTEER- sign up to be a volunteer and help us put on the market each Tuesday.
- FOLLOW US- follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook and sign up for our Monday newsletter to stay up to date & share LFM info with your friends.
- GIVE US FEEDBACK- tell us about your market experience at the Info Booth or email our Market Manager anytime, email@example.com. At the end of each season we put out a Community Survey to hear about our customers’ experiences at the market that year. There is still time to complete the 2021 Community Survey.
We want to hear from you! What are your priorities, concerns, and needs for a safe, successful market experience this season? Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.