Please see below for some updates on plans for Morgan’s Barbecue, a proposed new restaurant at 4501 Butler Street.
- Their Zoning Board of Adjustments hearing is Thursday, May 11th at 8:50 AM at 200 Ross Street in the 1st floor conference room.
- For meeting minutes on the most recent community meeting on 5/1/17, please click here.
- Morgan’s Barbecue’s most recent site plan, which has changed since the community meeting on 5/1/17 in response to comments that were raised there, is available here and below.
- The revised list of variances/special exceptions they’re seeking from the Zoning Board of Adjustments is available here.
- LU and LC worked with Morgan’s Barbecue on terms of a community agreement that addresses concerns raised by the community, specifically related to future expansion of the outdoor seating area, outdoor entertainment uses, hours of operation for the outdoor area and garage doors, smoke capture, noise mitigation, security, deliveries, and trash collection. To see the terms of that agreement, please click here.
For any questions or feedback, please contact Lawrenceville United at 412-802-7220.
Interested in serving on the LU Board of Directors?
Lawrenceville United relies on having a great Board of Directors. The Board is an all-resident group of volunteers that’s integral to our mission of improving and protecting the quality of life for all Lawrenceville residents. The Board of Directors shapes the direction of LU, oversees the Executive Director, votes on key decisions, and serves on committees (Housing, Events and Membership, Governance, Finance, and Public Safety). For more information on what the commitment is like, please read the following job description and agreement.
Who is eligible to apply?
Lawrenceville residents above the age of 18 who have been General Members of Lawrenceville United for at least 6 months are eligible to serve on the Board of Directors. If you’re unsure of your current membership status, please email info@LUnited.org. Candidates are vetted by the LU Governance Committee and then a ballot is prepared for the LU General Membership to vote on.
Lawrenceville United is an inclusive organization and strives for the Board of Directors to reflect the diversity of the neighborhood in its make-up. Residents who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized or underrepresented communities are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To be considered for the 2017 spring elections, you must complete a simple application and return it by 5 PM on May 10th, 2017. Please download it by clicking the link in the last sentence. You can also request one to be sent to you by LU by email or mail. Completed applications can be emailed to info@LUnited.org or mailed to 4839 Butler Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201.
- 4/6, 6:30-8:30 PM – Lawrenceville Trivia Night at Spirit – hosted by our current Board, this is a great chance to informally meet some of our current board members, while having some fun.
- 4/25, 6-7 PM – Board Meet and Greet at LU (4839 Butler St) – come meet current board members and learn about what the commitment is like
- 5/10, 5 PM – Deadline to submit application for board
- 5/16 – Ballot vote goes out to LU membership
- 6/6, 6-8 PM – LU Spring Membership Meeting @ New Bethel Baptist Church – LU membership may vote in person and candidates have opportunity to share why they’re running.
- 6/20 – Board elections are cut off and votes from General Members are tallied
Contact Dave Breingan at (412) 802-7220 or Dave@LUnited.org.
The application for our 2017 farmers’ market season is now available! Our growing market is always looking for more local farmers and food producers to add to the mix! Click on the link to download the application, and you can reach out to our market manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
2017 Farmers’ Market Vendor Application
Per Milhaus Development’s agreement with the community, they are releasing a Construction Management Plan so that neighbors can be aware of what to expect around their construction moving forward in terms of noise, hours of operation, and street clean up. Please review the plan here.
The Lawrenceville Fireworks Committee is now accepting applications for Food Vendors and Entertainment for the 2017 Independence Day Celebration. This year will mark the 73rd year of the event! Please see below for the application forms. Applications are due by April 3rd, 2017 to Lawrenceville United at 4839 Butler Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201 or by email to Dave@LUnited.org.
Interested in a free street tree in front of your property? Complete the application HERE by March 15th and email it to the Lawrenceville Tree Tenders at email@example.com or drop it off to us at LU at 4839 Butler Street.
Trees provide many benefits to the neighborhood. Read more about them here.