For 75 years, the neighborhood of Lawrenceville has continued to hold an Independence Day festival that is filled with fun for the whole community, inlcuding softball and baseball games, children’s races, KSWA Wrestling, pony rides, a petting zoo, live music , food vendors and of course, world-class Zambelli Fireworks! This year the celebration will take place on Saturday June 29th, beginning at 11:00 a.m. in Arsenal Park.
The Lawrenceville Fireworks Committee, a group of resident volunteers, has been planning this special day for months. We hope you join us for the festivities!
The schedule for the day is as follows:
11:00a | Food Booths Open: Kelly’s Korner, Hambone’s, Spirit
11:15a | 9th Ward Girls’ Slow Pitch Softball
12:00 noon | Children’s Races
12 – 4p | Balloon Artist
12:30 – 3:30p | Barnyard Petting Zoo
1:15p | Boys’ Little League All Star Games
1:00 – 4:00p | Train Rides
1:30 – 3:30p | Pony Rides
2:00 – 4:00p | Fire Truck Display
2:00 – 4:00p | Face Painting
4:00 – 6:00p | KSWA Wrestling
6:00 – 6:45p | Exotic Animal Show
7:00p | Official Ceremony
7:30 – 9:30p | Dr. Zoot
9:30p | FIREWORKS!
Lawrenceville United facilitated a community meeting on Thursday 12/7/2017 with Josh Aderholt of Century Equities to provide an update on construction at the former Washington VoTech. Please see below for meeting notes and an updated site plan/renderings:
This community meeting was focused on construction and its potential impacts on the residential community. In 2015, a community process was held about this project in advance of their zoning process. More information on this process is available at www.lunited.org/programs/community-planning-development/development-in-lawrenceville or below:
View Lawrenceville United’s notes from August 17th.
Please see below for some updates on plans for Morgan’s Barbecue, a proposed new restaurant at 4501 Butler Street.
- Their Zoning Board of Adjustments hearing is Thursday, May 11th at 8:50 AM at 200 Ross Street in the 1st floor conference room.
- For meeting minutes on the most recent community meeting on 5/1/17, please click here.
- Morgan’s Barbecue’s most recent site plan, which has changed since the community meeting on 5/1/17 in response to comments that were raised there, is available here and below.
- The revised list of variances/special exceptions they’re seeking from the Zoning Board of Adjustments is available here.
- LU and LC worked with Morgan’s Barbecue on terms of a community agreement that addresses concerns raised by the community, specifically related to future expansion of the outdoor seating area, outdoor entertainment uses, hours of operation for the outdoor area and garage doors, smoke capture, noise mitigation, security, deliveries, and trash collection. To see the terms of that agreement, please click here.
For any questions or feedback, please contact Lawrenceville United at 412-802-7220.