Greetings, We had an overwhelming response to our Summer Celebration Day Camp registration and we are currently at capacity for camp. If you did not get a chance to register with us, please check out some other great options in the area:
- Earthen Vessels Outreach in Friendship is currently enrolling. It covers the same age range as our camp. There’s an academic component, as well as a religious (Christian) aspect. There is a cost associated with the program, but scholarships are available. http://www.evo-pgh.org/summer-camp Marilyn Chaney is the director – (412) 681 -7272
- Brothers and Sisters Emerging has a summer camp from July 7-August 8, 9 AM – 4:30 PM in Garfield for $150 for the whole camp. It’s for ages 7-14. Contact = 412.404.2250
- Bloomfield-Garfield Corporation has a free summer camp in Garfield with a heavy academic emphasis. It’s for children grades K-5. Contact = Nancy Walker – 724.799.1104
- Pittsburgh Area Lutheran Schools is doing a free STEAM camp July 14-18 for grades K-6. Bus transportation is provided from Zion Evangelical Church on 37th Street. Contact = Rev. Cullen Duke, 412-621-2720 / 281.381.0987 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assemble in Garfield has a number of 1 week STEAM camps, at cost (scholarships are available): http://assemblepgh.org/summercamps/
- Cops and Kids with CitiParks: http://apps.pittsburghpa.gov/citiparks/2014_Summer_Camp_application.pdf
- Family Guidance does an overnight Promise Camp outside the city, tailored for kids from disadvantaged backgrounds: http://familyguidance.net/programs/promise-camp/
- Camp Challenge in the Hill District offers educational and recreational programming ($150 for 6 weeks)- http://www.joshgibson.
- Creative Camp (also in the Hill District) is a music, art, and recreational camp (also $150 for 6 weeks) – http://www.achclearpathways.
- Most of the city museums have summer camps too (e.g. Children’s Museum, Carnegie Museum, Science Center).
For even more options, please visit APOST’s listings here: http://www.afterschoolpgh.org/2014-summer-program-listing/