Announcement of Open Position
Assistant Farmers Market Manager
About the Lawrenceville Farmers Market
The mission of the Lawrenceville Farmers Market (LFM) is to provide access to fresh, locally-produced foods for all Lawrenceville residents, and visitors, in an inclusive, vibrant, and safe community space. The Market aims to lower barriers to fresh, healthy food especially for low-income families, older adults, people with disabilities, and individuals with food insecurity or low food access and to support the development of a strong and sustainable local food system with farmers and small business owners.
This year, our goals are to continue building a safe, sustainable, and quality market, improve the diversity of vendors and variety of products, and improve participation and programming for target populations.
This year, the LFM will take place every Tuesday, from May 21 through November 26, at 3-7pm at Bay 41, 115 41st Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201 in Central Lawrenceville.
Summary of Position
The Assistant Market Manager, under the direction of the Farmers Market Manager, will assist in the management of the Lawrenceville Farmers Market and will be the primary person responsible for the Farmers Market’s social media platforms/content, under the direction of the Market Manager. This position is seasonal and part-time: 10 hours per week from April 2024 through December 2024. The wage for this position is $18.57/hour. Please submit your application by Friday, March 1, 2024. Must have Tuesday availability.
- Assist in on-site management each week; includes, but is not limited to:
- Event set-up and breakdown
- Volunteer management
- Vendor management
- Customer service/assistance
- Maintain LFM’s weekly social media presence across multiple platforms in accordance with the values and mission of LFM: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Nextdoor
- Visual and written content creation
- Work with the Market Manager to plan and execute special campaigns
- Staff the Information Booth during the weekly market
- Complete debit/credit token, SNAP token & merchandise transactions
- Provide equipment and supplies to the necessary parties
- Greet and welcome customers, answer questions
- Assist in enforcing the market’s community agreements
- Weekly meeting and market debrief with LFM team
- Other duties as assigned to support the LFM and broader work of Lawrenceville United
- Passionate about food access and farmers markets in our community.
- Experience in social media strategy and content creation across multiple platforms.
- Strong oral, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in customer service
- Ability to spend a significant amount of time being active in all weather– set-up and break-down of LFM equipment, including tents, tables, and a variety of supplies.
- Comfortability in resolving conflict while maintaining an open and level demeanor.
- Ability to think quickly and pivot as needed to address an issue.
- Preferred: Knowledge of Gmail, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Nextdoor), Microsoft Office, Google Drive office suite, WordPress, Mailchimp, Instagram and Canva.
- Ability to transport up to 30 pounds.
- Act 33, 34, and 73 clearances (LU can file for this if not already in hand).
LU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Bryanna Johnson, Market Manager, at HR@LUnited.org. In your cover letter, please highlight experience with social media content creation within a professional capacity, or your ability to learn. Please submit your application by Friday, March 1, 2024. Must have Tuesday availability.