Lawrenceville Farmers’ Market Manager
Lawrenceville United is seeking a highly passionate, productive, strategic individual to join our team of dedicated community advocates and professionals as a part-time, seasonal Market Manager to manage and promote the Lawrenceville Farmers’ Market.
Lawrenceville United is an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
About Lawrenceville United
Lawrenceville United (LU) is an inclusive, resident-driven community-based non-profit organization that works to improve and protect the quality of life of all Lawrenceville residents and stakeholders. LU envisions a safe, clean, green, healthy and diverse community where residents work together to shape the neighborhood’s future, while honoring Lawrenceville’s past. For more information on LU, please visit www.LUnited.org.
About the Lawrenceville Farmers’ Market
The mission of the Lawrenceville Farmers Market is to provide access to fresh, locally- produced foods for all Lawrenceville residents and visitors in an inclusive, vibrant, and safe community space. The Market aims to lower barriers to fresh, healthy food especially for low-income families, older adults, and individuals with food insecurity or low food access and to support the development of a strong and sustainable local food system with farmers and small business owners through incentive programs, community education, and outreach in the neighborhoods we serve.
The Lawrenceville Farmers’ Market’s Market Manager is responsible for the following:
- Communications for the market, including the distribution of print materials in and around Lawrenceville, managing press coverage, updating directories, and maintaining activity on social media outlets
- Vendor recruitment (previous experience working with farmers and food producers is preferred.)
- Vendor outreach and coordination, including obtaining weekly updates from vendors during the season
- Collection of dues and weekly record-keeping
- Weekly operations of the market including oversight of farmers’ and managing the relationship with the market site’s property owner.
- Oversee volunteers
In addition, the Market Manager is also expected to:
- Attend meetings of the LFMAC as a liaison between the LFMAC and the market/ vendors and assist the committee with research for market best practices and potential funding sources
- Engage in fundraising activities and special event planning
- Keep track of and maintain relationships with local sponsors, and special event performers
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and resources:
- Good organization skills, attention to detail, and the ability to self-direct and manage
- Ability to see the larger picture and think creatively about challenges and solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, strong experience with electronic news publications and social media
- Ability to forge relationships with all stakeholders, including vendors, customers, active community members, and Lawrenceville business owners
- Demonstrated experience and passion for food and agriculture
- Valid PA Drivers’ License
- Willingness to work Saturdays for the 22 weeks of market.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
Compensation is $15 per hour. The Market Manager is expected to work the following hours:
|Pre-season (March-May, 13 weeks)||10-15 hours per week|
|Season (June-October, 22 weeks)||15 hours per week|
|Post-season (November and December)||5-10 hours per week|
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.