Announcement of Open Position
Part-Time (12 hours per week), Year Round
The Community Benefit Organization (CBO) Collaborative is continuing a shared services strategy to jointly hire a part-time Bookkeeper by two of its four Member organizations: Lawrenceville United & Bloomfield Development Corporation.
The purpose of the Collaborative is to allow the participating organizations to have access to shared staff to provide a consistent and professional level of operational and financial processes and grant administration that each organization cannot afford individually. The goal of this shared model is to develop a sustainable model of collaboration that brings increased consistent and professional administrative infrastructure to community-serving nonprofits in the City of Pittsburgh.
This position reports to the shared Finance Manager and works closely with each Executive Director. Ultimately, the Bookkeeper’s responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our organizations. Work may be confidential in nature. Specific tasks include:
- Enter/make deposits
- Pay vendor invoices
- Enter credit card charges
- Update cash accounts
- Accounts Receivable: provide reports and research any discrepancies in invoices received or payments received.
- Customer Invoicing: create and distribute any necessary invoices; coordinate with staff
- Process payroll according to each organization’s schedule
- Enter payroll allocation by program
- Enter benefits allocation by program
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Reconcile credit card charges, pay bill
- Reconcile and remit sales tax when applicable
- Month End Close Prep Work
- Review contributed support for restrictions and record appropriately
- Review all invoices created in month for accuracy
- Review A/R Aging for any old invoices; communicate info with staff
- Review A/P Aging for any old invoices; communicate info with staff
- Update and reconcile any prepaid expenses
- Post depreciation and update fixed asset schedule for any purchases.
- Provide audit support, pull documentation for auditor and other support
- Enter and maintain budget in QuickBooks
- Responsibility for integrity of accounting data
- Provide support for staff questions
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate documentation is available for all checks and deposits
- Assist with general document retention and filing, as needed
- Grants Administration
- Assist the ED in tracking spending against restricted grant funding
- Track reporting deadlines and provide the ED information required to report to the Funder
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field or minimum of 2 years of bookkeeping experience required
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Quickbooks online, Google Drive, Gmail, Google Calendar, Zoom, and Trello preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
- Ability to appropriately communicate sensitive information
- Strong interpersonal skills including conflict resolution, consensus building, and teamwork
- Reliable attendance and punctuality
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage several tasks at once, prioritize effectively, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated record of initiative, problem solving, and adaptability
- Knowledge of financial and HR functions of nonprofits
- Knowledge of community and economic development a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
During Covid-19, the duties of this position will take place primarily in the employee’s home. The employee will need to be present in each employee’s physical work location periodically with all appropriate PPE. All organizations will adhere to the most stringent protective practices in order to keep all employees safe.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, speak, hear and utilize close vision and focus. An employee in this position is exposed to conditions relative to a typical office environment, including ambient room temperatures, moderate noise levels, fluorescent lighting and traditional office equipment. Employee may also be asked to run errands for the organization and will be expected to be able to complete tasks in a timely fashion with use of personal transportation.
WAGE & BENEFITS
- $21.63/hour, 12 hours/week
- Paid sick leave
- Simple IRA offered with up to 3% matching funds
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Lawrenceville United and Bloomfield Development Corporation are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
*To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to HR@LUnited.org by 1/13/2021.