Interested in serving on the LU Board of Directors?
Lawrenceville United relies on having a great Board of Directors. The Board is an all-resident group of volunteers that’s integral to our mission of improving and protecting the quality of life for all Lawrenceville residents. The Board of Directors shapes the direction of LU, oversees the Executive Director, votes on key decisions, and serves on committees (Housing, Events and Membership, Governance, Finance, and Public Safety). For more information on what the commitment is like, please read the following job description and agreement.
Who is eligible to apply?
Lawrenceville residents above the age of 18 who have been General Members of Lawrenceville United for at least 6 months are eligible to serve on the Board of Directors. If you’re unsure of your current membership status, please email info@LUnited.org. Candidates are vetted by the LU Governance Committee and then a ballot is prepared for the LU General Membership to vote on.
Lawrenceville United is an inclusive organization and strives for the Board of Directors to reflect the diversity of the neighborhood in its make-up. Residents who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized or underrepresented communities are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To be considered for the 2017 spring elections, you must complete a simple application and return it by 5 PM on May 10th, 2017. Please download it by clicking the link in the last sentence. You can also request one to be sent to you by LU by email or mail. Completed applications can be emailed to info@LUnited.org or mailed to 4839 Butler Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201.
- 4/6, 6:30-8:30 PM – Lawrenceville Trivia Night at Spirit – hosted by our current Board, this is a great chance to informally meet some of our current board members, while having some fun.
- 4/25, 6-7 PM – Board Meet and Greet at LU (4839 Butler St) – come meet current board members and learn about what the commitment is like
- 5/10, 5 PM – Deadline to submit application for board
- 5/16 – Ballot vote goes out to LU membership
- 6/6, 6-8 PM – LU Spring Membership Meeting @ New Bethel Baptist Church – LU membership may vote in person and candidates have opportunity to share why they’re running.
- 6/20 – Board elections are cut off and votes from General Members are tallied
Contact Dave Breingan at (412) 802-7220 or Dave@LUnited.org.