Tuesdays, June 2 – December 15 | Arsenal Park
3:00 – 3:30 pm for those disproportionately impacted by COVID-19
3:30 – 6:00 pm general shopping
The LFM market season has been extended by seven additional weeks this year to continue to provide a safe, open-air environment for grocery shopping during COVID-19. Please see modified extended season hours above!
Interested in becoming a vendor? Email us at email@example.com.
Staying Safe During COVID-19: We have developed safety protocols informed by the best practices and guidelines established by the City, County, and State Health Departments and the CDC to ensure everyone’s safety. We are taking these very seriously and intend to enforce them at each market ensure the well-being of our customers, vendors, volunteers and staff.
We request first time market attendees to sign up below to indicate your plans to attend the market. If you have already completed this form for past markets, you do not need to complete the form again.
Here are some other guidelines to help you safely shop at the Lawrenceville Farmers Market:
Preparing for the Market
- Please register in advance of your first market visit. This is not required but requested.
- Only join us if you’re feeling well.
- Attend the market alone if at all possible.
- We request that you leave pets (except service animals) at home.
- Pack your portable hand sanitizer + clean face mask.
- Wash your reusable bags and bring them!
- Plan your visit: use the zoom button in the bottom left and click around on the map below to see who’s coming to the market this week, what they are bringing and make your shopping list!
Getting to Arsenal Park
Bus: we are served directly by the 54, 64, 88, 91 and 93 bus routes. Most bus routes have resumed normal service. After shopping, if you need help getting your groceries to the bus stop, just ask at the info tent! We’ll be happy to send a volunteer with you.
Bike: We encourage you to ride to the market! We have bike racks available near the 40th street entrance. If you don’t have your own bike, there is a HealthyRide station located at the corner of 39th & Penn Ave at the southwest corner of Arsenal Park.
Walk: If you’re coming to the market on foot, don’t forget to come to one of the two market entrances, on 40th Street near the flag pole or on the mid-market path near the playgrounds (volunteers will be on site to direct you!).
Drive: Street parking is available on the streets surrounding the market, including Penn Ave, 40th St, 39th St. and Butler St. A few reserved spots will be available on 39th St near the intersection with Penn Ave for those with mobility challenges.
Arriving at the Market
- Please proceed to one of the three designated market entrances: on 40th street by the flagpole, near the north end of the park or near the playgrounds (see map above for more details).
- Make sure your mask is on and covering your nose and mouth.
- We will be limiting the number of customers in the market. If there is a line to enter, please be patient and observe social distancing markings..
- Visit the info tent near the 40th street flagpole entrance to:
- Use your credit/debit/EBT cards to buy tokens to spend with vendors*
- Redeem your SNAP + P-EBT benefits and receive Fresh Access Food Bucks – $2 for every $5 spent in EBT benefits.
- Contribute supplies to the Rebuilding Together Pittsburgh Care Package Drive
- Find pay-what-you-can face masks donated by Otto Finn
- Sanitize your hands at our hand sanitizing station.
- Follow the one-way + social distancing markings throughout the market.
- Help us limit crowding by promptly departing the park when you’ve finished shopping.
*most vendors accept credit/debit directly and have contactless payment options as well. Please ask your vendor for details.
It’s going to take each of us to ensure all of us stay safe and well at the Market. Thanks in advance for doing your part!
- I receive SNAP benefits. Can I use them at the market? Yes, absolutely! Please come to the orange info tent to redeem your benefits.Thanks to our partnership with Just Harvest and the Food Trust, SNAP benefits will be matched with Food Bucks; you will receive $2 in Food Bucks for every $5 in EBT benefits spent – these can be spent for all fruits + veggies.
- I receive WIC or Senior FMNP vouchers. Can I use these at the market? Yes, absolutely. These are accepted by several of our vendors. Please see the vendor page for more details.
- I don’t receive any of the above benefits but think I might be eligible. Can you help me? Yes. Please be sure to indicate which programs you’d like assistance with on the sign in form and someone will follow up with you.
- Do you have pre-ordering or contactless shopping options? Due to limited demand, we have temporarily suspended our curbside program LFM To Go. Be sure you’re signed up for our newsletter to stay up to date on the latest news.
- I’d like to shop at the market but am in a higher risk population, so have reservations about being near people. What can I do? Please join us during our hour reserved for higher risk populations beginning at 3pm.
- I’d like to come to the market but am in a high risk population and just cannot be out of the house. What can I do? Sign up for the Buddy System and get matched with a buddy who can shop on your behalf!
- What if I attend the market and then discover I’ve contracted or been directly exposed to COVID-19? Please contact Sara Draper-Zivetz, Market Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- I still have safety questions. How can I get more details about your protocols? Our full safety protocols for vendors, customers, staff and volunteers are available in print at the market and via email upon request. We’d be happy to provide you with a copy.
- I love the Lawrenceville Farmers Market. How can I support you?
- When you come to the market follow the protocols, set a great example, thank your market volunteers & vendors and be patient and kind!
- Help spread the word about market changes – follow us on instagram and facebook & share what we share.
- Volunteer with us! Email Sara at email@example.com or sign up via Pittsburgh Cares.
- Donate to Lawrenceville United so we can keep the market going strong!
We want to hear from you! What are your priorities, concerns, and needs for a safe, successful market experience this season? Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BACKGROUND ON THE MARKET: OUR MISSION
The Lawrenceville Farmers Market is a non-profit program of Lawrenceville United managed by a seasonal market manager and a volunteer advisory committee. We are committed to increasing food access in our community, to growing local agricultural businesses for long-term sustainability, and providing a vibrant resource for the Lawrenceville community. Now more than ever, we are committed to making sure the Market is:
- helping to lower barriers to fresh, healthy food especially for low-income families, older adults, and individuals with food insecurity or low food access and;
- supporting the development of a strong and sustainable local food system with farmers and small business owners through incentive programs, community education, and outreach in the neighborhoods we serve.
For more information on how you can help us make this possible, click on the link above or email Sara Draper-Zivetz at email@example.com.
GET INVOLVED WITH THE MARKET
Volunteers are an essential part of what makes the Lawrenceville Farmers Market possible. Do you have a passion for good, local food, and some time to contribute? Email Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss opportunities.
Lawrenceville Farmers Market Advisory Committee
The market is managed by a Lawrenceville United staff person who reports to LU and receives support from the Lawrenceville Farmers Market Advisory Committee (LFMAC). The Lawrenceville Farmers’ Market Advisory Committee is open to all residents and stakeholder who have an interest in the operation and management of the market. Email email@example.com to find out how you can become involved in the advisory committee.
Sponsors are a critical part of our market’s success. Are you or your business interested in becoming a Market sponsor for the upcoming season? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.