Lawrenceville United, Lawrenceville Corporation, Councilwoman Deb Gross, and the Department of City Planning co-hosted three “Housing For All” community meetings between September and November to discuss the state of housing and displacement in Lawrenceville and discuss a possible inclusionary zoning policy in Lawrenceville. Meeting notes are available here.
Now it’s time to make “housing for all” a reality!
To support housing opportunities for all as the Lawrenceville neighborhood grows, please join us by:
- Signing the petition to show your support for inclusionary zoning in Lawrenceville, and sharing with your neighbors: https://goo.gl/pzQqFf
- Speaking at City Council on 11/27, 12/5, 12/11, or 12/19. All public comment periods are at 10 a.m. at City Council chambers on the 5th floor in the City County Building (414 Grant Street). To let us know you’ll be attending or help with preparing your comments, contact 412-802-7220 or info@LUnited.org.
The second of three “Housing For All” community meetings was held on Wednesday, October 17th at 6 p.m. at Goodwill of Southwestern PA’s Workforce Development Center. The meeting focused on Inclusionary Zoning as a tool to preserve affordability. Please see below for materials and notes from the meeting:
- Presentation from Lawrenceville United & Lawrenceville Corporation
- Video introducing Inclusionary Housing
- Presentation from Department of City Planning
- Meeting notes from Q&A + break-out groups
- Follow up questions that were submitted are currently being answered and will be posted here when complete.
The third community meeting, Housing For All: Community Feedback and Call to Action, will take place on Monday, November 5th from 6-8 p.m. at Goodwill’s Workforce Development Center (118 52nd Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201). The building is fully accessible. Dinner provided. Childcare available by advance request to LU at 412-802-7220.
For a recap of the first meeting held on 9/28/2018, Housing For All: The State of Housing & Displacement in Lawrenceville, please click here.