Now hiring: Assistant Farmers Market Manager
Announcement of Open Position
Assistant Farmers Market Manager
About the Lawrenceville Farmers Market
The mission of the Lawrenceville Farmers Market (LFM) is to provide access to fresh, locally-produced foods for all Lawrenceville residents and visitors in an inclusive, vibrant, and safe community space. The Market aims to lower barriers to fresh, healthy food especially for low-income families, older adults, people with disabilities, and individuals with food insecurity or low food access and to support the development of a strong and sustainable local food system with farmers and small business owners.
In 2020, the Market saw considerable growth with an average of 24 vendors and 900 attendees on a given Market day. Market staff also implemented significant adaptations to ensure a safe shopping environment during the COVID-19 pandemic. These milestones and measures carried into 2021 for our eleventh season. We increased the amount of vendor scholarships awarded, hosted community partners weekly and completed our longest season yet: 31 weeks. Moving into the 2022 season, our goals are to continue the momentum generated in 2021 towards building a safe, sustainable, and quality Market, improve the diversity of vendors and variety of products, and improve participation and programming for target populations. This season, the market will take place each Tuesday from 3-7pm from May 17 through
November 22 at the Bay 41 Event Space.
Summary of Position
The Assistant Market Manager, under the direction of the Farmers Market Manager and Community Engagement and Program Manager, will assist in the management of the Lawrenceville Farmers Market. This position is seasonal and part-time: 10 hours per week from May through December. The salary for this position is $15/hour. Please submit your application by April 8, 2022.
- Maintain LFM’s social media presence across multiple platforms in accordance with the values
and mission of LFM: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Nextdoor
a. Visual and written content creation
b. Work with the Market Manager to plan and execute special campaigns
- Assist in on-site management each week; includes, but is not limited to:
a. Event set-up and breakdown
b. Volunteer management
c. Vendor management
d. Customer assistance
- Staff the Information Booth during the weekly market
a. Complete debit/credit token, SNAP token & merchandise transactions
b. Provide equipment and supplies to the necessary parties
c. Greet and welcome customers, answer questions
- Assist in enforcing the market’s community agreements
- Weekly meeting and market debrief with LFM team
- Other duties as assigned
- Passionate about farmers markets and food access in our community.
- Experience in social media strategy and content creation across multiple platforms.
- Strong oral, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in volunteer management.
- Ability to spend a significant amount of time being active in all weather– set-up and break-down
of Market equipment, including tents, tables, and a variety of supplies.
- Comfortability in resolving conflict while maintaining an open and level demeanor.
- Ability to think quickly and pivot as needed to address an issue.
- Preferred: Knowledge of Gmail, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Nextdoor),
Microsoft Office, Google Drive office suite, WordPress, Mailchimp, Instagram and Canva.
- Ability to transport up to 50 pounds.
- Act 33, 34, and 73 clearances (LU can file for this if not already in hand).
LU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce.
Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized communities are
especially encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Bryanna Johnson, Market
Manager, at HR@LUnited.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis but are due no later than 4/8/22. Please use your cover letter to describe what aspects of the job interest you most.