Want to make a difference in your neighborhood? Consider running for an open position on Lawrenceville United’s Board of Directors!
What does the Board do?
The Board governs the organization and is ultimately responsible for LU’s conduct. The Board is responsible for setting LU’s goals in pursuit of its mission to improve and protect quality of life for all Lawrenceville residents, overseeing the Executive Director, monitoring the financial health of the organization, and making key decisions on matters affecting the community. For more information, please see this job description.
What’s the commitment like?
Board members are expected to serve at least one full term (2 years), attend monthly Board meetings, participate in at least one Board Committee (which usually meet every other month), participate in the annual Board training, and make a personally meaningful donation to the organization.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Must be Lawrenceville resident or, if no longer resident, have lived at least 1 year in Lawrenceville within the past 15 years.
- Only individuals 18 years or older who are LU members by 3/1/2022 are eligible (to check your membership status, please email info@LUnited.org).
- 3/1 – Deadline to become an LU member to be eligible for 2022 Board
- 4/21, 6:30-7:30 PM – Virtual Board Meet & Greet – *RSVP at bit.ly/LUMeet2022 or to Dave@LUnited.org or 412-802-7220. UPDATE: If you missed it, you can view the PPT here.
- 5/18 – Deadline to submit a Board application (Word version, PDF, or Google Form)
- 6/1 – Spring membership meeting
- 6/15 – deadline to vote for Board
- 6/22 – New Board member orientation
- 6/29 – First Board meeting
Lawrenceville United is committed to continuing to build a diverse and inclusive Board of Directors and organization, and we especially encourage residents from underrepresented populations to apply: Black, Indigenous & People of Color, renters, parents of school-age children, immigrants, women, older adults, people with disabilities, poor and working class people, and folks in the LGBTQ2IA+ community.